Blog is an informal discussion or conversational page updated regularly. With WebCommander, creating and editing your blog is simple and easy. To start creating your Blog you need to be logged in to your WebCommander account. Once logged in you will need to install the Blog Plugin. You can find the instructions to install a plugin on the Add Plugins page.
Create a Blog Category
1. To create a new Blog, go to Dashboard, select ‘Web Content’ and click on ‘Blog’ from the Web Content’s menu. select ‘Blog Category’ from the sub-menu
2. To create a new Blog Category, click on ‘+New’ button the page
3. The following page will automatically open when ‘+New’ is clicked.
- Enter the Blog Category Name (Mandatory)
- Upload the Image (Optional)
- Write Description (Optional)
4. Click ‘Save’ on the top right-hand side to save all the entries
5. A similar ‘Success! Blog Category has been Saved Successfully’ pop-up message appears on the screen after the successful creation of Blog Category
Create a new Blog Post
1. From the dashboard, select ‘Web Content’ and click on ‘Blog’ from web Content menu and Choose ‘Blog Post’ from the Widget list.
2. Click on the ‘+Create’ button to create a new Blog Post.
3. After you click ‘+Create’, you are navigated to the following page.
- Enter the Blog ‘Title’
- Select ‘Category’ from the Drop-down
4. Upload Image by clicking on the ‘Drop Image/click Here’ and select the Image.
- Add Title
- Alternate text for the Image
- Click ‘Submit'
5. click on ‘Calendar icon’ on the right-hand corner of ‘Date’ and select date from the Pop-up calendar.
6. select Status and Visibility.
- Select ‘Status’ as Published or Unpublished using the Drop-Down Menu and
- Select ‘Visibility’ from the drop-down menu as Open or Restricted or Hidden
7. Enter the content for the Blog in the ‘Content’ field and click ‘Save’ button
8. On clicking ‘Save’ the following message appear on screen ‘Success! Blog Post has been Saved Successfully’.
9. On the following page
- Click ‘Update’ on the bottom of the page
- Click ‘Save All’ option on the top-right corner.
10. When you click ‘Save All’, the Blog Post is saved and created. You will be directed to a new Blog Posts Page where you can find the new Blog Post ‘My Nutrition tips’ that you created.
On the Blog Post page, there are a few options:
Edit a Blog
1. To edit a Blog Post, select ‘Web Content’ from the main page and select ‘Blog’ from the Web Content menu.
2. From the Blog Post page select Blog Post that you would like to Edit, click on the ‘Action icon’ on the right-hand corner of the selected Blog and select ‘Edit’ from the given options
3. Insert information in the following page to make changes and click ‘Update ‘ to save the changes and click ‘Save All’ on the top right corner.
4. The Blog Post is saved succesfully when you click ‘Save all’ and a message is displayed on the screen‘Success! Blog Post has been Saved Successfully’.
Blog Comment & Reply
You can use the Comment and Reply section to view the comments on a blog post and reply to them. Admin can also publish or hide comments on the blog.
1. Go to dashboard, select ‘Web Content’, Choose ‘Blog’ from the drop-down menu and select ‘Blog Comment and Reply’
2. click on ‘Action icon’ and select options from the drop-down menu
Remove a Blog Category/Post
1. Select ‘Web Content’ and click on ‘Blog’ from the Web Content menu.
2. select the Blog that you would like to Remove, click ‘Action icon’ at the end of the Blog and choose ‘Remove’ option.
3. A Confirmation message Pops-up to reconfirm of your course of action, click ‘Yes’ to remove the Blog.
4. After you click Yes, the Blog post/Category is removed.
View a blog on the site
1. To View Blog in a Site go to Dashboard and select Web Content and click Blog.
2. select the Blog you would like to View in a Site. click on the ‘Action icon’ icon present at end of the Blog and choose ‘View in Site’ option from the available options.
3. When click on ‘View in Site’ the Blog Post opens in a new Window and is the actual View of the Blog Post to the Viewers or Visitors of the Blog.
Blog Moderator’s email is set up using Blog Settings. When any customer makes a comment on any Blog, the Blog Moderator gets the comments in his/her Email.
1. From the Dashboard, click on Administration and select Settings
2. From Setting page, Search for ‘Blog’ using the search bar.
3. Enter the details in General Configuration and click ‘Save’.
- Blog Moderator’s Email is the Email to which all Blog Post Comments sent
- Turn ON/OFF to ‘Enable the comments on the Blog Posts’
- Turn ON/OFF to ‘Allow anonymous visitors to comment on Blog Posts’
- Enter Email Label
- Turn ON/OFF to ‘New comment requires moderator approval’
- Turn ON/OFF to ‘Send email notification to moderator(s) when a new comment is received’
- Enter the Keywords that to filter the Comments. If the email, name or comment contains any of these words will be marked as spam
- Turn ON/OFF ‘Captcha’
- Type in a ‘Confirmation message’ that visitors get when they comment on a Blog
- Enter number to allow ‘Number of comments to display on initial view’.
- Turn ON/OFF to ‘Allow visitors to share Blog Posts’ to Social-Networking Medias like Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Google and so on.
Edit Blog Email Template
You can edit Blog Email Template for a New Comment and Comment Approval using Blog Email Template from the setting tab.
1. From the Dashboard, click on Administration and select Settings.
2. Type ‘Email’ in the ‘Search’ bar and click on ‘Email’ that comes below the search bar.
3. Scroll the page to find ‘Blog Emails’. click Blog Emails drop-down menu to see more options.
You can see two Email Templates available in the Blog Emails:
- New Comment Template
- Comment Approve Template
4. Click on ‘Action icon’ on the right side of new comment and select ‘Edit’ option to ‘Edit New Comment Template’ and click ‘Update’.
In a Similar way, you can edit the Comment Approval Template. You can change Type using the drop-down menu and Change the Subject to anything.
Adding a Blog Post to your Site
You can add a blog post or blog category to frontend, to actually make it accessible and viewable to people on internet
1. From Dashboard go to ‘Web Content’ and select ‘Page’ from the list.
2. Click on ‘Action icon’ on the left side of any page and select ‘Edit Content’.
3. When you click on ‘Edit Content’ the following ‘Edit Content’ page will open. Use the ‘Search Bar’ to search Blog Post
4. Type – ‘Blog’ in Search bar. Drag Blog Post Widget from the left of the page and Drop it in right-side grid page.
5. Go to ‘Settings’ tab and fill in the Widget Details.
- Title: The title of the Blog Post Widget is the title that comes on the top of the attached Blog Post
- Class Name: This name is required to make changes using HTML code
- Show: There are two drop-down option available.
- Full Content: This option shows the ‘Full content’ of the blog Post
- Summary: select this option to show ‘Summary’ of the Blog Post
- Height: You can fix the height of the right-side selected grid or Panel.
- Selection: This option can be used to select the Blog Post based on time and preference.
- Recent Month
- Recent week
- Recent Top
- Number of Post: You can select number of posts that you want to show in one single page.
- Show Image: Switch on this button, to show image
- Show Post Author Name: Turn On/OFF to display a picture
- Show Date & Time: Turn the switch On/OFF time and date
- Show Categories: Turn on the switch to show Categories
- Show no of Comments: Turn ON Switch to show number of user comments
- Show Pagination: Turn ON/OFF to show page number of the Panel.
6. Click ‘Save’ to use Blog and save it to the Front End and the following message displayed on the screen as ‘Success! Content has been updated successfully’.
7. When you click on ‘View in Site’ the following Blog Post will open in a new window.
The below page will automatically open when you click view in site option. This is exactly how the blog post will look when you publish the blog post.